As a DevOps Engineer, you will be responsible for managing, monitoring, and provisioning of elastically scalable infrastructure, tools, and techniques to support a fast-growing platform and distributed system.
- Implement and manage network/routing setup as well as integration into external systems
- Manage system security and backup strategies across a wide variety of technologies and products
- Drive virtualization technologies with continuous deployment and elastic scalability in mind
- Managing infrastructure which includes setup, monitoring and alerts, resource allocation, and deployment architecture using a wide range of AWS cloud technologies
- Implementation and automation of runtime environments for software in support of engineering development processes
- Ability to code and script
- Experience with specific AWS cloud technologies (EC2, ECS, Route53, ELB, EBS, VPC, S3, CloudWatch)
- Experience of *nix based systems and tools in order to administrate, manage and monitor
- Experience with virtualization technologies (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience with configuration management (chef, puppet, git)
Qualification & Experience:
- Information Technology or Computer Science Degree or equivalent 5 years relevant experience.
- Minimum 3 years of experience.
- Experience with common web stack applications (nginx, tornado)
- Experience with NoSQL, PostgreSQL, Dynamo, Elasticsearch
- Experience with messaging platforms (Kafka, Kinesis)
- Experience with Google (GCM, Firebase)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, SA
Application Deadline: N/A