Website Anglo American
The purpose of this role is to strategically lead the SSD&R discipline within the company and to collaboratively develop and reinforce the Group SSD&R framework and associated execution programmes, to enable people and nature positive outcomes that align with the consumer’s desire for brilliant diamonds.
- Define and lead the implementation of core SSD&R systems, benchmarks, codes, standards and practices to enable the consistent operationalization of SSD&R interventions and remedial measures
- Initiate and lead strategic SSD&R internal and external stakeholder engagement and collaboration forums to facilitate the proactive co-creation of SSD&R priorities and interventions.
- Drive the comprehensive analysis of emergent global, regional and industry SSD trends, regulatory amendments and best practices to proactively inform the SSD&R Framework, Policy and enabling interventions
- Advise on, and lead the development of, the organisational capacity and capabilities required to inform and shape SSD&R priorities and interventions
- In collaboration with the DB Executive and Operating Unit leadership, lead the co-development and implementation of an integrated SSD&R framework to guide the programming of SSD projects and initiatives at Group and Operating Unit level.
- Lead the development and reinforcement of an integrated De Beers Group SSD and R Framework , ensuring alignment with local context and shareholder strategies.
- Report, engage and collaborate with the Executive and Operating Unit leadership on key SSD&R performance metrics and benchmarks that measure progress against the agreed SSD&R Strategy and identify any adaptive actions required.
- Strategically lead the Group Safety and Health Transformation journey.
- Appreciation of the full mining/resource extraction value chain and its key drivers
- Proven track record in multiple and multi-jurisdictional stakeholder engagement
- Experience in driving continuous improvement to enhance systems, processes and capability
- Advanced technical knowledge of internal and external Safety, Health, Operational Risk and Environmental fundamentals in multiple operating jurisdictions, preferably in a resources or heavy industry context.
- Advanced understanding of SSD&R global best practice, operational benchmarks and performance standards
- Proven delivery focus with ability to set clear goals and standards and successfully implementing adaptive action
- Significant leadership experience within matrix and multi-disciplinary/cross-functional environments
Qualification & Experience:
- Honours Degree in Science, Commerce, Engineering or related
- Post graduate SSD related qualification would be advantageous
Company: Anglo American
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Rosebank, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A