This role forms part of our AWS Developer Relations organisation, where our goal is to win the hearts and minds of developers and hands on builders around the world, by meeting them where they are and providing the right technical education, tools, and resources to enable developer success
- Own and programme manage our community advocacy vision and initiative in Africa, engaging with passionate developers and builders who seek to acquire Cloud and AWS skills, while sharing their knowledge with others.
- Lead existing community awareness programmes in Africa (AWS User Groups, AWS Community Days, and more), as well as innovating net-new initiatives relevant to the region and the wider community landscape of developers.
- Drive event strategy, execution, and measurement for community engagement at AWS and third-party events.
- Drive programme content and messaging, managing ongoing African programme community marketing communication, recurring events, and management/onboarding of programme members in partnership with internal stakeholders.
- Work closely with multiple internal teams and stakeholders at the EMEA and Global to scale the community advocacy strategy in Africa.
- Manage relationships with influential AWS builders, creating communities of technical users (developers, architects, and more) who share common interests.
- Build tactics for quantifying the impact of our community engagement & advocacy programmes.
- Partner with these leaders, providing them with platforms to share their AWS stories in-person and online.
- Willingness to travel.
- Relevant work experience in marketing, community management, and/or digital/high-technology product management.
- Passion for building and nurturing technical communities.
- Able to work in a diverse and distributed team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, and problem solving skills.
- Strong drive for detail and results, with the ability to make calculated decisions.
- Experience building, executing and scaling cross-functional programmes.
Qualification & Experience:
- Attention to detail, excellent organisation skills, with proven success in managing complex and multi-faceted marketing programmes driving projects through completion.
- Self-starter with demonstrated ability and willingness to roll up sleeves and execute to get the job done.
- A Bachelor’s and/or MBA degree in marketing, business, technology, or relevant field of study.
- Accomplished range of skills from high level strategic thinking to creative and detailed execution.
- Proven track record in building community engagement/advocacy programmes.
- A career path that demonstrates increasing levels of responsibility.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, SA
Application Deadline: N/A