This role is responsible for driving master data integrity, quality and continuous improvement within a dedicated data area (e.g. product, customer, vendor, associate, location, asset, or finance data etc.), including Information Systems/Data Systems (IS/DS) management.
- Perform data extraction for analysis purposes.
- Manage own career and skills development.
- Maintain master data database for allocated data area.
- Participate in mentoring sessions by executives.
- Engage internal customers and stakeholders and respond timeously to requests.
- Cross-check validation station data for data accuracy and integrity.
- Build relationships within divisions, group and Walmart as well as key external stakeholders and service providers, as required.
- Oversee and control implementation of relevant data rulesets and data validation rulesets and rollout corrective measures to relevant data capture teams, where required.
- Perform relevant system checks and balances.
- Investigate and follow-up on escalated data issues, providing problem solving support and process guidance.
- Manage own performance cycle.
- Manage information or data system (IS/DS) for master data management for allocated data area, including rules and reporting.
- Facilitate mass master data fixes.
- Proactively manage divisional relationships and expectations.
- Understanding of business process requirements
- Strategic understanding of the purpose and application of data
- Awareness of tools and technologies deployable in this area
- Ability to plan and prioritise tasks
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong administration skills
- Communication skills
- Analytical skills
Qualification & Experience:
- In-depth understanding of relevant data area critical (e.g. product, customer, associate, e-commerce, location, asset, or finance data etc.)
- Relevant data management certifications advantageous
- Degree or diploma in data management or similar relevant field
- 2–3 years’ retail master data experience. SQL, SAP IS/DS and Front end development (Power BI or similar).
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A