To procure a range of products to meet the business objectives of profit, excellent quality and availability, thereby driving the market share and profitability of your category.
- Manage financial indicators and all expenses
- Develop and implement pricing strategies
- Give input to Category and Supplier strategies and sourcing of raw material
- Give input to the planning and forecasting of products and ranges
- Monitor and react to industry and international trends
- Liaise with marketing, sales management and space planning to maximise sales and promotions in stores
- Liaise with distribution regarding Supply Chain issues
- Drive market share and profitability of the category
- Build and manage relationships with a diverse range of suppliers
- Strong customer and retail orientation – sound business acumen; commercial awareness; good judgment; emotional resilience
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong negotiation skills
- Entrepreneurial – ability to initiate and implement innovative and viable business ideas and to accept accountability for the outcome
- Proactive & Innovative with a continuous improvement mind set
- Team player with understanding of diversity
Qualification & Experience:
- Commercial skills and experience.
- Understanding of factors influencing a product’s cost and selling prices.
- Proven supplier management experience.
- A minimum of 6 – 8 years of Produce experience required preferably.
- Knowledge and understanding of Supply Chain concepts, processes and systems.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, SA
Application Deadline: N/A