To provide the business with an effective and efficient financial transaction processing environment in respect of the Receivables, Central Accounting and Stock functions. In doing so, ensure that all assets and liabilities are fairly stated and profit/loss amounts are accurately and timeously recorded. To ensure that the internal control environment is effective in safeguarding the custody of the business’ assets. To ensure that there is financial integrity in Receivables, Stock and Central accounting processes and systems.
- Ensure manual accounting processes (including stock held at 3rd parties) across all Woolworths BU’s are supported and are accurately calculated, appropriately authorized and timeously processed.
- Ensure all provisions (Stock, Accounts Receivable and Central Accounting) are accurate, valid and complete and communicated to BU’s timeously.
- Identify opportunities for improvements by developing operating plans that the team will deliver to, including monthly reporting against progress.
- Ensuring the effective design and implementation of financial processes and internal controls including the alignment to BU business processes and changes as a result of business and system changes.
- Responsible for overseeing the end to end Accounts Receivable (including ED loans), Stock and Central accounting functions within Central finance, including.
- Ensure compliance with and application of IFRS and group accounting principles of all balance sheet and income statement accounts within Accounts Receivable, Stock and Central Accounting.
- Ensure accurate and timely completion and communication of forecast information.
- Ensure fixed assets are accurately recorded and reported on.
- Understanding and managing the communication of business process changes in respect of Accounts receivable, Stock and Central Accounting.
- Ensure there is transaction and financial integrity between general ledger and peer systems for Accounts Receivables, Stock and Central Accounting.
- Partner with the BEE office in respect of ED loans application process and ongoing management of the ED loan debtors’ book.
- Influence BU leaders with regard to process compliance and risk management
- Analyse, interpret and communicate financial information at all levels
- Discuss and address issues raised
- Draft concise performance reports
- Implement business processes and drive issue resolution
- Develop & use financial models
- Drive Central Finance process efficiencies
Qualification & Experience:
- Sound understanding of merchandise supply processes (local and international)
- Sound understanding of debtors collection
- At least 8-10 years post articles experience in a commercial environment
- Sound understanding of commercial contracts
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, SA
Application Deadline: N/A