Website Wits Health Consortium
To provide best practice data collection, clinical assessments, collection of specimens and care, according to protocols and to provide pre- and post-test HIV counseling.
- Administer study questionnaires / interviews.
- Inform participants of test results, as required.
- Draw blood from participants, process samples as required and send samples or specimens to laboratory.
- Obtain vital signs and conduct special investigations e.g., ECG, Rapids etc
- Inform participants about the study.
- Obtain informed consent according to SOPs and screen potential participants.
- Take responsibility for the Emergency Contact Research cell phone, during delegated time period
- Taking of the minutes for weekly research team meeting
- Provide appropriate health education and counselling where necessary.
- Ordered and systematic with strict compliance to protocols.
- Be tactful, respectful and maintain confidentiality.
- Good administrative skills together with working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Able to work under pressure and adhere to deadlines.
- Experience in a research environment.
- Experience in paediatrics.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Sound work ethic.
Qualification & Experience:
- Diploma in Primary Health Care or similar will be an advantage.
- Certification in good clinical practice.
- Diploma in General Nursing (3 years).
- A valid driver’s license.
Company: Wits Health Consortium
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Hillbrow, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A