Website University of the Witwatersrand
To provide a world-class BI infrastructure to support the academic project and management decision making by: regularly engaging with stakeholders to market BI and to understand university and academic information requirements; developing a deep level of understanding of the technology and information content across all information areas in the warehouse and being able to solve all technical problems without referring them up the line; providing a hands-on, engineering and leadership role to develop high level, flexible team competencies, materials, and procedural disciplines to perform all tasks necessary to enhance, design, develop, test, implement and populate all components of the data warehouse; assisting in the migration to the cloud; providing a high performance, reliable and stable infrastructure and providing timely, accurate, understandable and relevant operational, management and strategic reporting anywhere, anytime in a format that best suits user requirements
- Server maintenance, performance, server virtualization, security, and backup/recovery.
- Provide access and help-desk support services.
- Provide high-quality training and materials to enable clients to access and understand warehouse information.
- Setting up multiuser development environment, administering users and groups.
- Keep abreast of the latest developments in the BI and technology space and do innovation and automation.
- Ensure comprehensive, relevant, and accurate operational, management, and statutory reports are available.
- High-performance team and infrastructure and skills pipeline
- Creating repositories/universes, setting up business and related layers, creating hierarchies, aggregation rules and repository variables.
- Ensure appropriate tools, applications, and analytics are in place to support external, benchmarking, planning, and corporate performance management requirements.
- Implementing DevOps and MLOps.
- Develop, maintain and populate the data warehouse.
- Setting up and administering and testing backups and disaster recovery procedures.
- Software installation, upgrades, configuration, and security.
- Setting-up, administering, and maintaining BI reporting/analytics infrastructure:
- Designing, analyzing, and maintaining cloud systems and assistance in migrating on-prem systems to the cloud
- Ensure the currency, quality, and integrity of the data warehouse and provide consistency and synchronization across all areas.
- Cloud platform experience with OCI, MS Azure, and AWS and involved in the migration of systems from on-premises to the cloud.
- Knowledge in Python, KNIME, Jenkins, and XML.
- Knowledge in Peoplesoft Campus Solutions, PeopleTools, Oracle Financials, and Oracle HR ERP applications.
- Knowledge of DevOps and MLops.
- Expertise in ODI 12c work and master repositories, logical and physical architecture, data sources, context, mapping, packages, procedures, load plans, variables, deploying scenarios, sessions, topologies, knowledge modules, change data capture, metadata, security and web services.
Qualification & Experience:
- 2 years of experience in installing, upgrading, configuring, and backup/recovery of all components of OBIEE 12c, SAP Business Objects 4.2, MS Power BI, and Oracle Data Integrator 12c.
- 4 years’ experience with Extraction, Transformation, and Loading (ETL), databases, SQL, and PL/SQL.
- Direct hands-on experience with OBIEE12c, Oracle BI – Server, RPD, Oracle BI Analysis, Oracle BI Interactive Dashboard, Oracle BI physical layer, Oracle BI Business layer, Oracle BI presentation layer, metadata repositories, report scheduling, application/object security, and WebLogic Server.
- 4 years’ experience in data warehousing / business intelligence, data modelling, and star schema design.
- 1 year experience in server maintenance, virtualization, backup/recovery, OS, and other related software installation, configuration and security. Expertise in Linux, Windows Server, and Proxmox.
Company: University of the Witwatersrand
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Braamfontein, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A