Website Wits Health Consortium
To provide best practice clinical assessments and care, collection of specimens and data collection according to protocols and to provide COVID19 testing, pre- and post-test HIV counseling.
- Compile relevant reports and feedback on all activities
- Collect participant data and complete CRFs/study worksheets in accordance with GCP guidelines.
- Maintain an inventory register of laboratory kits and supplies
- Treat diagnosis according to test results and sexually transmitted disease according to syndromic
- management guidelines or laboratory diagnoses.
- Perform COVID-19, HIV and pregnancy bedside tests.
- Follow up with participant on clinically significant lab results
- Provide appropriate health education and adherence counselling where necessary.
- Refer participants to alternative care if necessary
- Inform participants about the study.
- Screen potential participants and obtain informed consent according to protocols and SOPs.
- Draw blood, collect nasal and saliva specimens from participants and send samples or specimens to laboratory.
- Conduct physical examinations.
- Appropriately respond to concerns raised by study participants during Informed consent (IC) administration
Diploma in Primary Health Care or similar will be an advantage. Certification in good clinical practice. Experience in a research environment. Ordered and systematic with strict compliance to protocols. Be tactful, respectful and maintain confidentiality. Good administrative skills together with working knowledge of Microsoft Office. Able to work under pressure and adhere to deadlines. Self-motivated, able to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team. Respectful with sound work ethic
Qualification & Experience:
- Minimum 1-year research experience
- Enrolled Nursing Certificate.
- A valid driver’s license
Company: Wits Health Consortium
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Parktown, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A