Website Western Cape Government
To conduct policy analysis and research and provide technical support to departments in implementing the Provincial Strategic Plan.
- Engage with internal and external stakeholders on policy and strategy issues.
- Monitor, review and analyse the implementation of the provincial strategic plan and priorities.
- Develop and manage the strategic and business plans of the Directorate.
- Advise, in consultation with Provincial Treasury, on the policy prioritisation of the provincial budget in line with provincial strategic priorities.
- Assume direct responsibility for the efficient, economic and effective control and management of the Directorate’s budget and expenditure.
- Actively manage the performance, evaluation and rewarding of staff within the Directorate.
- Facilitate the development and periodic review of the provincial strategic plan in line with prescribed strategic planning and budgetary processes.
- Participe in the recruitment of staff.
- Advise on the alignment of departmental strategic and annual performance plans, as well as integrated development plans, with provincial strategic priorities.
- Provide capacity building and support to WCG departments in innovative policy development, planning and research.
- Strong leadership skills with specific reference to the ability to display thought leadership in complex applications.
- Knowledge of policy and strategy development, strategy management and strategy monitoring and review processes.
- Strong conceptual and formulation skills.
- Excellent networking and network formation skills.
- Team building and strong inter-personal skills.
- Knowledge of human resource management and financial management processes.
- Knowledge of the policies of the government of the day.
- Knowledge of provincial executive support systems and services.
Qualification & Experience:
- An appropriate Master’s degree (NQF Level 8 as recognised by SAQA);
- A valid code EB driver’s license (unless prevented by a disability).
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience at a middle management level;
Company: Western Cape Government
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, SA
Application Deadline: N/A