As a part of AWS Cloud Services team, the purpose of the role is to interact with customers to gather technical requirements, architect customer infrastructure & networks, deliver solutions based on AWS cloud platform and compile solution proposal documentation in the AWS cloud services space as part of the Sales process.
- Help educate customers on the value proposition of AWS, and participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud.
- Regularly meet with the internal parties; e.g. Products and Engineering teams; as well as external parties; e.g. suppliers and partners; in order to understand internal and external roadmaps, technology strategies and product strategies.
- Help Customers maximise their business value with the adoption of AWS.
- 5+ years of experience in the design and implementation of complex IT solutions (including scalable cloud-based solutions and micro services architectures).Hands on Experience with AWS
- Experience in infrastructure, database and networking architecture for highly available, Internet-scale applications
- Provide high level assistance and support prior to solution implementation, during solution implementation and post solution implementation
- Hands-on experience with Amazon Web Services (e.g. AWS Lambda, AWS API Gateway, Amazon ECS, Amazon DynamoDB, AWS CodeStar,
- AWS CodePipeline, AWS CodeCommit, AWS CodeBuild, AWS CodeDeploy, AmazonElasticsearch service, Amazon Kinesis, Amazon CloudFront etc.)
- 3 year Degree in IT or Engineering related field (essential).
- 5-10 Years relevant experience in IT or Engineering (essential).
- Matric/Grade 12 (Essential)
- Experience in a customer-facing, sales-aligned role such as consultant, solutions engineer or solutions architect
- AWS Solution Architect Certificates; Associates, Developer, Professional.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A