About the job
Bring your possibility to life! Define your career with us
To support the Traded Market Risk Management process through carrying out comprehensive and quality Traded Market Risk functions as identified in the Traded Market Risk Framework. The primary focus of the role is across Absa Regional Operations (ARO).
Responsible for the overall management of traded and non-traded market risk for ARO entities within established frameworks, appetite and limits by ensuring that traded market risks are identified, measured, managed, reported and challenged. The individual will be the central point of contact for the business regarding the measurement, limit setting and monitoring of traded market risk.
The top priority for this position is providing a robust challenge to the business. The position will require an ability to directly challenge ARO trading desks on their risk taking, trading/hedging strategies, PnL and portfolio mix. As a result the incumbent will need clear and independent views with an excellent understanding of risk, PnL performance and stressed market conditions.
- The position requires a thorough understanding of global markets, cross asset class products traded by an Investment Bank and their associated risk measurement methodologies (value at risk (VaR), stress testing, XVAs, risk mitigation and valuation).
- The role requires someone with big picture insight with an acute sense and appreciation for risk to ensure that the right balance between commercial interest and sound risk taking is achieved in support of both business growth and protection of the franchise from unexpected loss.
- The job holder should understand the CIB strategy and objectives of the wider group and continuously seek ways to contribute to these.
Education And Experience Required
- Bachelors degree – Quantitative, Business or Commerce studies
- Experience in similar environment at specialist level 8-10 years.
- Risk Management up to 8-10 years
- Risk Analysis
- Risk Systems
- Markets and Economics
Bachelor`s Degrees and Advanced Diplomas: Business, Commerce and Management Studies (Required)
Absa Bank Limited is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. In compliance with the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998, preference will be given to suitable candidates from designated groups whose appointments will contribute towards achievement of equitable demographic representation of our workforce profile and add to the diversity of the Bank.
Absa Bank Limited reserves the right not to make an appointment to the post as advertised