About the job
Bring your possibility to life! Define your career with us
To plan, execute and manage audit assignments in accordance with the country and Group Audit plan and relevant policies, procedures and quality standards. The Audit Manager is responsible for the quality of the audit work performed and the efficiency and effectiveness of the audit team.
- Participate in the 6+6 audit planning cycle; provide input by taking into account the risk and control profile, business strategy and material risks affecting the business.
- Plan the delivery of assigned audits to a high quality and in line with Key Performance Indicators as per the methodology. This will include adequate resourcing scheduling, meeting key deliverables in terms of audit timelines and review of audit work to confirm that the minimum requirements as per methodology are met.
- Manage the execution of Design Effectiveness Testing (DEA) and Operational Effectiveness Testing (OET) of the audit team in line with methodology requirements and as per the requirements of the QA scorecard.
- Ensure audits and issues assurance within Key Performance timelines and resource budget
Leadership and Management
- Mentor and coach less experienced team members by providing guidance around the methodology and audit process, and manage the teams that assigned to the audit effectively by delegating audit work to empower each individual team member
- Develop a high performing team by embedding formal performance development and informal coaching. Encourage frequent knowledge sharing between team members
- Support IA management team to identify, attract, develop and retain talent on an ongoing basis.
- Engage proactively with Internal Audit colleagues during assignments and request technical assistance where required and based on knowledge of business areas, provide guidance to other auditors and peers by sharing best practice so that their work meets and sometimes exceeds quality standards.
- Present effectively at stakeholder meetings and forums (e.g.: Risk and Governance Forums etc.) by sharing knowledge and information, including methodology, standards, changes and new developments, with business stakeholders on an ongoing basis, and develop and maintain relationships with accountable stakeholder management on each audit.
- Build effective relationships with CoE counterparts and fully engage them during audit reporting
- Use business knowledge to assess evolving risks, write high quality reports with observations which are insightful, address the root cause, have agreed actions that fully mitigate the risk, support the Issues Assurance process and require no further audit work to support them
- Continuous upskilling on both technical and other core competencies.
- Keeping up to date with industry trends, regulatory changes and professional standards
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of the methodology, by attending training sessions and using knowledge gained during audits, use this proactively in executing audit activities.
- Based on knowledge of business areas, provide guidance to other auditors and peers by sharing best practice so that their work meets and sometimes exceeds quality standards
EducationBachelor`s Degrees and Advanced Diplomas: Business, Commerce and Management Studies (Required)
Absa Bank Limited is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. In compliance with the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998, preference will be given to suitable candidates from designated groups whose appointments will contribute towards achievement of equitable demographic representation of our workforce profile and add to the diversity of the Bank.
Absa Bank Limited reserves the right not to make an appointment to the post as advertised