About the job
DSV – Global transport and logistics
In 1976, ten independent hauliers joined forces and founded DSV in Denmark. Since then, DSV has evolved to become the world’s 5th largest supplier of global solutions within transport and logistics. Today, we add value to our customers’ entire supply chain by transporting, storing, packaging, re-packaging, processing and clearing all types of goods. We work every day from our many offices in more than 90 countries to ensure a steady supply of goods to production lines, outlets, stores and consumers all over the world. Our reach is global yet our presence is local and close to our customers. Read more at www.dsv.com
Location: Pinetown, KZN
Job Posting Title: Business Development Manager
Time Type: Full Time
The main purpose of this role is to sign new business for the KZN branch and meet monthly and annual new business targets set.
To record all client meetings on company CRM. To meet KPI’s as set by business. This role will be most satisfying to candidates with a hunter personality. Those that love the chase and closing deals, negotiating, relationship building and solution selling.
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience in the Logistics supply chain/courier environment.
- Fluent in English (both written and verbal)
- Experience in prospecting for new business & managing a qualified new business pipeline
- Experience in achieving new business targets set
- Good Presentation skills
- Excel Pivot tables(advantage) and Excel reporting tools.
- Basic understanding of industry supply chains
- Strong administrative skills with high attention to detail
- Strong new business development skills
- Previous sales experience
Duties & Responsibilities
- Prospect for new business and develop a qualified pipeline of leads and convert to actual billing.
- Ensure that sustainable clients are brought on board.
- Represent the DSV brand
- Analysis of sales related information and ability to translate the information to show benefits to client and company
- Report to Regional Sales Manager
- Maintaining client contractual data
- Competitor and industry analysis
- Assist in tender / proposal production and delivery thereof
- Ensuring that required call rates are met as part of your KPI’s
- Updating our CRM system on a daily and weekly basis.
- Ensure that required deadlines are met.
- Managing clients’ DSO’s
- To be well-presented and well spoken.
- Professional; organized and target driven.
- Respectful, good problem solving skills and client centric.
Disclaimer: Due to the high volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should an external candidate not hear from us within four (4) weeks following their application, they should consider their application unsuccessful. Strictly fair and non-discriminatory selection procedures will be followed. We use Affirmative Action (AA) measures in an endeavor to redress the disadvantages in employment experienced by designated groups. Where possible, preference will be given to candidates from the designated groups as defined in the Employment Equity Act and in line with DSV’s Employment Equity plans. DSV reserves the right to defer or close a vacancy at any time.
DSV – Global transport and logistics
DSV is a dynamic workplace that fosters inclusivity and diversity. We conduct our business with integrity, respecting different cultures and the dignity and rights of individuals. When you join DSV, you are working for one of the very best performing companies in the transport and logistics industry. You’ll join a talented team of more than 75,000 employees in over 90 countries, working passionately to deliver great customer experiences and high-quality services. DSV aspires to lead the way towards a more sustainable future for our industry and are committed to trading on nature’s terms.
We promote collaboration and transparency and strive to attract, motivate and retain talented people in a culture of respect. If you are driven, talented and wish to be part of a progressive and versatile organisation, we’ll support you and your need to achieve your potential and forward your career.
Visit dsv.com and follow us on LinkedIn , Facebook and Twitter .