Website Independent Schools Association of Southern Africa - ISASA
The Development Officer is responsible for funding- and donor-related issues in the Three2Six Project and Sacred Heart College. The Development Officer cultivates professional relationships with individuals, foundations, and other agencies; and provides continuous support to the Project’s efforts.
- Planning and directing special events for fundraising, such as silent auctions, dances, golf events, or walks.
- Strengthening and managing partnerships with development actors to influence policy dialogue, and support relationship building with development agencies.
- Implementing fundraising activities, such as annual giving campaigns or direct mail programmes.
- Writing funding proposals, grant applications and in-kind donation appeals for charitable trusts and foundations, donor agencies and corporates.
- Identifying and building relationships with potential donors.
- Developing fundraising activity plans that maximise participation or contributions and minimise costs.
- Monitoring budgets, expense reports, or other financial data for fundraising.
- Establishing relationships with new funding partners through research and referrals, taking the initiative to make contact.
- Assisting and working with the Finance Officer to compile financial reports.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships by attending events, assisting in hosting events, and promoting the project.
- Soliciting cash or in-kind donations or sponsorships from individual, businesses, or government donors.
- Ability to work with precision and accuracy.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge and experience working in a global context. Experience in programme management in developing countries, preferably in the field of refugees.
- Graduate degree preferred in Social Sciences, Public Health, Population studies, Demography, or any other related field.
- Proficiency in MS Office and computer-based accounting packages.
- Strong organisational skills and a high degree of self-motivation, and ability to meet deadlines.
Company: Independent Schools Association of Southern Africa – ISASA
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Observatory, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A