Website North West University
This positions forms part of the ITC Operations & Infrastructure group. This position focus on installing, maintaining of all NWU IT-infrastructure across all campuses of the University
- Maintains knowledge of specific technical specialisms, provides detailed advice regarding their application and executes specialised tasks. The specialism can be any area of information or communication technology, technique, method, product or application area
- Ensures Quality reviews occur on schedule and according to procedure
- Ensures that realistic project and quality plans are prepared and maintained and provides regular and accurate reports to stakeholders as appropriate
- Manages the change control procedure, and ensures that project deliverables are completed within planned cost, timescale and resource budgets, and are signed off
- Takes full responsibility for the definition, documentation and satisfactory completion of medium-scale projects (typically lasting 6-12 months, with direct business impact, teams of 3-5 and firm deadlines)
- Identifies, assesses and manages risks to the success of the project
Provides effective leadership to the project team, and takes appropriate action where team performance deviates from agreed tolerances
- Influences team and specialist peers internally.
- Is fully accountable for meeting allocated technical and/or project/supervisory objectives.
- Participates in external activities related to own specialism.
- Has some responsibility for the work of others and for the allocation of resources.
- Establishes milestones and has a significant role in the delegation of responsibilities.
- Work is often self-initiated.
- Influences customers at account level and suppliers.
- Works under broad direction.
Qualification & Experience:
- 5 years’ experience of working in enterprise IT environment
- 5 years’ experience in IT Infrastructure Project Management
- NQF5 with Information Technology as an area of specialisation and 1-2 years additional IT certifications
Company: North West University
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Rustenburg, North West, SA
Application Deadline: N/A