The incumbent is further responsible for assisting in maintaining stock levels in the ward and should work closely with the allocated stock controller.
- Admit the patient into the ward.
- Welcome the patient.
- Answers the telephone in a friendly and professional manner.
- Inform and confirm the relevant nursing staff about the transfer arrangement.
- Ensure ward transfer are done timeously on SAP.
- Inform the patients’ family of discharge when requested.
- Takes messages for staff, patients and doctors.
- Ensure all new admissions are on the patients name board with the time and date of theatre.
- Ensure the transfer form has been completed by the relevant nurse and filed in the patient’s file.
- Accompany the patient to his/her room.
- Document bookings from the Bed Booking Clerks and allocate beds to new patients in the ward.
- Ensure the doctor and the patient’s families are informed of the transfer.
- Experience in Hospital environment is highly recommended
- 2-3 years’ experience in administration position.
- Knowledge of SAP IS-H is advantageous.
- Computer literate
Qualification & Experience:
- Business Administration and / or Secretarial Qualification would be advantageous
- Grade 12 or equivalent NQF Level 4 Qualification
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A