The Pharmacist will be responsible for the provision of medication and supplementary services to patients and members of the healthcare team.
- Supervise and control the acquisition, storage, dispensing, handling, and packaging of medicines to ensure safety, efficacy, and quality thereof
- Conduct related administrative and house-keeping tasks
- Assist with all aspects of ethical stock control including re-ordering of stock, maintaining dedicated stock areas for organisation and expiry dates
- Communicate effectively to assist other team players
- Conduct cyclical and full stock takes
- Build relationships with wards to facilitate the understanding and updating of Pharmacy systems and policies.
- Supervise and guide Pharmacist Assistants and interns
- Advise on Alternatives
- Active involvement in own professional development to maintain a satisfactory level of skill and knowledge
- Must be willing to work shifts in accordance with the unitary requirements.
- Keep abreast of new developments in the pharmaceutical field
- Update doctors and wards with regards to out-of-stock situations and offer
- Work effectively and co-operatively with others to establish and maintain good working relationships that are mutually beneficial
- Keep up to date with Netcare’s evolving policies and procedures
- Actively participate as a member of a team to achieve goals
- 2 Years Post Comm Serve work experience in a Hospital and Retail Pharmacy environment
- Sound knowledge of Pharmacy business operations
- Advanced computer literacy
Qualification & Experience:
- Registration with the South African Pharmacy Council.
- A relevant pharmaceutical qualification (B.Pharm. Degree or Dip.Pharm) or equivalent NQF 7 qualification.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Alberton, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A