The Clinical Engineering Technician is responsible for the management and maintenance of all medical equipment as per the manufacturer’s specifications and Health Technology Regulations.
- Report on medical equipment to the Clinical Engineering Manager and or Technical Services Manager.
- Request and assist with the completion of incident reports on damage to clinical equipment and ensure documentation required for replacement is in place.
- Perform maintenance tasks as stipulated in “Equipment Type Skills Assessment TGL v1.1”.
- Provide MyMarket reporting on medical equipment
- Liaise with suppliers to schedule preventative maintenance and reactive maintenance.
- Use medical test equipment to perform inspections and diagnose equipment failure where possible.
- Ensure financial control through proper budgeting and control of outsourced services.
- Provide CMMS reporting on medical equipment.
- Obtain required quotes for capital medical equipment purchases and maintenance work.
- Perform repairs, modifications and installations on equipment according to procedures that comply with the standards and recommendations of the manufacturers and/or governing agencies.
- Meet all competency and output requirements as defined in the ECSA’s “Competency Standard for
- Registration as a Professional Engineer” document.
- Investigate and report on sentinel events with recommendations (to TSM or CM).
- Good communication skills and the ability to transfer information through practical interaction with a wide range of staff.
- Ability to work under stressful conditions.
- Clinical Engineering with two years additional experience.
- Familiar with the Occupational Health & Safety- and Health Act regulations.
- Experience in the maintenance and management of medical equipment in a Hospital environment.
- Continuous interaction with suppliers and attendance of technology updates are to form an integral part of continuous education and training
- Ability and willingness to be on stand-by and partake in a call-out system.
- Intermediate computer literacy in MS Office.
- Private Hospital experience in the specified discipline would be an advantageous.
Qualification & Experience:
- Eligible for professional registration as a Technician at the Clinical Engineering Council of South Africa.
- National Diploma in Electrical Engineering at NQF level 6 is essential.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Durban, KwaZulu-Natal, SA
Application Deadline: N/A