The Doctor of Philosophy programme specialising in Digital Transformation is the first of its kind in South Africa. It is a cutting-edge programme designed to offer students a supportive and professional environment within which to actively contribute to a vibrant global scholarship in the Digital Transformation knowledge area. The Programme Manager for the DPhil (Digital Transformation) will be tasked with overseeing the effective operational support of all activities relating to the Programme
- Liaise with Lead Academics and other lecturers to ensure module pack material is appropriate and, and uploaded to the LMS on time.
- Collaborate with the senior management (the Dean and the Head of the DPhil) to oversee an effective end-to-end operational delivery of the DPhil, including ensuring compliance with academic regulations and accreditation requirements
- Ensure that the programme adheres to all governance and regulatory requirements, including but not limited to, policies governing student recruitment and selection, programme management, faculty administration, assessment policies and graduation processes.
- Ensure the efficient and timeous scheduling (production of timetables) and communication thereof of ALL aspects of the programme. (Ensure the timeous dissemination of information to students of important events, e.g., changes to the timetables, venues, etc.)
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree with preferable specialisation in Social Sciences, Psychology or Business Management, or any other relevant qualification (NQF 7) or equivalent.
- At least five years’ work experience in a professional services environment, preferably in adult learning, consulting, or hospitality and events management.
- Experience using a Learner Management System (LMS) or Virtual Learning Environments (VLEs), preferably BlackBoard.
- Understanding of the higher education sector.
- Experience in academic administration (preferable), alternatively, general experience in attention to detail administration, project management and coordination.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng. SA
Application Deadline: N/A