Website University of Johannesburg
Payroll Supervisor is responsible for supervision and coordination of all payroll processing operations. The role requires ensuring accuracy of the payroll earning and deductions including correct application of the relevant legislative requirements
- Coach and motivate staff within the function.
- Reconcile payroll accounts, (payroll control accounts) by auditing information, identifies and resolves discrepancies and initiates journal entries.
- Keeps abreast with developments in the payroll field.
- Supports the senior manager to direct and oversee the daily operations of the department.
- Fulfils garnishee order requirements by completing relevant forms and adjust payroll records, documents any withholdings.
- Ensures effective and efficient payroll operational standards by contributing towards operational plans, monitoring team’s productivity, ensuring quality of output, customer service standards and resolving problems.
- Ensure completion of the final payroll process by due dates.
- Interprets, applies, and ensures compliance with the university policies and procedures and regulations pertaining to financial and accounting principles.
- Ensure that staff is paid accurately and timeously.
- Adheres to legislative and regulatory requirements.
- Create suppliers and validate all payroll related payments on the AP system.
- Meets payroll financial standards by improving annual budget information, monitors expenditures, and identifying system improvements.
- Supervises day-to-day operations of the payroll staff to ensure efficient payroll operations.
- Develops the department’s work plan and operational procedures.
- Be able to work under pressure, in a team and independently
- Ability to work and interact with people from various backgrounds
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Interpret the process and apply it logically, within the relevant environment (practical application).
- Ability to supervise staff
- Time management organising and planning skills
- Great attention to detail and numeracy skills
Qualification & Experience:
- 3 to 5 years’ experience or more within the payroll environment
- At least 3 to 5 years’ experience of managing a small to medium team
- A degree in Finance, Accounting, Financial Management or Business Management Degree (NQF7)
Company: University of Johannesburg
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng. SA
Application Deadline: N/A