Website Telesure Investment Holdings (TIH)
About the job
Who are we?
Glacier by Sanlam brings together leading experts and respected financial services companies to meet clients’ investment needs. We deliver focused investment services through specialist teams, partner with acclaimed financial intermediaries and pride ourselves on our superior products and solutions and high quality service. We offer a comprehensive range of investment solutions, designed to assist in the creation and preservation of wealth. Our offering encompasses local investments, including fixed term investments and investments with guarantees, international investments, retirement saving solutions, and retirement income solutions. While each solution has its own distinct purpose, they all share the world-class quality and commitment that have come to distinguish Glacier.
What will you do?
Under general supervision, performs assignments of actuarial-related duties such as preparing, performing and analysing actuarial research and audits. Other duties include collecting data from various databases and performing standard mathematical calculations.
What will make you successful in this role?
Our dynamic Product Development team is expanding and looking for a self-motivated individual to join the team. Your focus will be on informing, developing and enhancing our annuity and investment product solutions.
- Provide product management insights across the various products
- Manage and review pricing on an ongoing basis
- Support and implement new developments and product enhancements
- Active collaboration with various stakeholders across the product value chain e.g., Actuarial, Legal and Compliance, Finance, Distribution, IT etc.
- Analyse competitor products and pricing, in order to provide insights for developing and maintaining competitive product propositions
- Analyse various aspects of product experience (e.g., mortality, persistency, investment) to assist in identifying trends and opportunities available in the market and potential risks to the business
- Analyse product related data from various sources to assess completeness and accuracy, to identify potential product experience irregularities, and to ensure accuracy of client and product insights
Qualifications And Experience
- Relevant tertiary degree and studying towards an actuarial qualification
- At least three years’ experience in financial services
- Client focus
- Cultivates innovation
- Being resilient
- Drive results
- Strong technical, numerical and analytical skills
- Manage multiple work streams
- Communicate complex technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Influence positively through assertiveness
- Holistic problem solving
- Positive, enthusiastic attitude
- Ability to work under pressure
- Honesty, integrity and respect
Qualification And Experience
Degree and have passed 5-8 subjects with 0-3 years experience.
Knowledge And Skills
Actuarial Problem Solving
Attention to detail and accuracy
Self-development – Contributing independently
Interpersonal savvy – Contributing independently
Nimble learning – Contributing independently
Tech savvy – Contributing independently
Build a successful career with us
We’re all about building strong, lasting relationships with our employees. We know that you have hopes for your future – your career, your personal development and of achieving great things. We pride ourselves in helping our employees to realise their worth. Through its four business clusters – Sanlam Life and Savings, Sanlam Investment Group, Sanlam Emerging Markets, Santam, as well as MiWay and the Group Office – the group provides many opportunities for growth and development.
Cultivates innovation – Contributing independently
Customer focus – Contributing independently
Drives results – Contributing independently
Collaborates – Contributing independently
Being resilient – Contributing independently
The shortlisting process will only start once the application due date has been reached. The time taken to complete this process will depend on how far you progress and the availability of managers.
Our commitment to transformation
The Sanlam Group is committed to achieving transformation and embraces diversity. This commitment is what drives us to achieve a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace as we believe that these are key components to ensuring a thriving and sustainable business in South Africa. The Group’s Employment Equity plan and targets will be considered as part of the selection process.