Website Telesure Investment Holdings (TIH)
About the job
Line of Service
International Tax Services
Job Description & Summary
A career within Corporate Tax services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients meet their tax obligations while managing the impact tax has on their business. You’ll advise clients on their local and overseas tax affairs, while acting as a strategic consultant related to business analysis, managing working capital, and profit sharing for partners. You’ll also help organisations understand the pricing implications of goods and services between related parties, as well as providing advice on tax implications of deals.
Our team helps our clients improve their tax function to control risk and facilitate better decision making. You’ll focus on helping businesses with tax strategy, ensuring tax compliance, increasing post tax profits, and providing application support to achieve the best corporate tax practices.To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Associate, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Use feedback and reflection to develop self awareness, personal strengths and address development areas.
- Delegate to others to provide stretch opportunities, coaching them to deliver results.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and the ability to bring order to unstructured problems.
- Use a broad range of tools and techniques to extract insights from current industry or sector trends.
- Review your work and that of others for quality, accuracy and relevance.
- Know how and when to use tools available for a given situation and can explain the reasons for this choice.
- Seek and embrace opportunities which give exposure to different situations, environments and perspectives.
- Use straightforward communication, in a structured way, when influencing and connecting with others.
- Able to read situations and modify behavior to build quality relationships.
- Uphold the firm’s code of ethics and business conduct.
The primary focus will be to provide an array of audit of tax support to audit teams and tax consulting services to clients in different sectors within Corporate International & Tax, which might include Financial Services, Global Compliance, Domestic Corporate Tax as well as Mergers and Acquisition (M&A) team which offers its expertise to clients to enable them to deliver tax effective business transactions, whether they be restructuring, due diligence, re-financing, BEE transactions, mergers and acquisitions or divestments.
- Performing tax reviews as part of statutory audits;
- Performing reviews of company tax returns prior to submission to the SARS;
- Liaising with colleagues and clients to provide corporate tax consulting services;
- Producing high level tax opinions that add value to clients’ businesses;
- Managing a range of tax assignments reporting to Managers and Directors;
- Performing tax related research;
- Assessing commercial facts and applying the appropriate tax law;
- Interpreting tax legislation;
- Liaising with SARS and handling queries raised by SARS;
- Complying with risk management procedures;
- Billing client work;
- Performing general project administration;
- Masters/ Honours in Tax will be an advantage.
- Completed articles
- Qualifies CA(SA)/SAIT
- 3-5 years experience in Audit of Tax
- Advantageous: Previous work experience in a tax environment
KEY KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Excellent IT skills;
- Good oral and written communication skills;
- Good organization and time management skills;
- Good interpersonal skills and work towards team goals;
- Pays attention to detail;
- Works to tight deadlines and has a sense of urgency;
- Team player with leadership qualities;
- Client service and results oriented;
- Self-starter, motivator, enthusiastic;
- Takes ownership of personal development;
- Good at giving and receiving feedback;
- Has integrity and judgement about work and relationships;