Website Tiger Brands
About the job
Takealot.com, a leading South African online retailer, is looking for a highly talented Revenue Controller to join our Finance Team in Cape Town.
We are a young, dynamic, hyper growth company looking for smart, creative and hard-working people with integrity to join us. We offer a market related Total Remuneration Package, which allows full flexibility according to your needs, a great work environment and a promise that you won’t be bored, as long as you are prepared for a challenge and want to build something great.
The position reports to the Finance Manager.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Lead revenue accounting cycle and ensure compliance with accounting standards for all 3P and 1P revenue streams
- Develop and implement new processes and procedures, to fully integrate all revenue streams into ERP system, through use of dedicated Product and Engineering resources
- Oversee the accurate and complete daily transactional processing of all transactions
- Partner with finance and business operations team to continuously improve accounting processes
- Design, implement and monitor effective maintenance of revenue controls
- Own finance relationships with all external payment service providers
- Full ownership of the payment cycle to ensure complete and accurate payments processing of Marketplace sellers and Trade Suppliers
- Resolving non-routine Marketplace seller queries
- Quality review of monthly seller reconciliations, including management and control aging
- Month-end procedures and reporting (income statement + balance sheet + operational reporting)
- Take full responsibility for the delivery of the company’s internal and statutory reporting requirements relating to revenue, including VAT
- Ensure that the company’s financial systems and controls are robust, compliant and support current activities and future growth plans
- Manage and grow a high-performance finance team, develop and retain top professionals through training and mentorship
- Ad hoc tasks as required by the CFO, CEO, group finance team and other relevant stakeholders
- High business acumen
- Excellent communication skills
- Exhibit the ability to self-motivate
- Proven experience working within a high volume transactional environment
- Ability to work and keep up in a fast-paced, changing business environment
- Strong general financial background with proven skills in financial accounting, VAT, control accounts reconciliations
- Proven experience developing and managing processes and procedures, across a growing business, to ensure rigorous compliance with external and internal policies
- Ability to prioritize and meet tight deadlines
Qualifications and Experience:
- CA (SA)/ CIMA
- 2+ years’ experience in similar role
- Experience in automation of finance processes and the scaling thereof
- FMCG/ecommerce experience advantage
- SQL/PowerBI/Looker/Qlik experience advantageous
- takealot.com employees are entrepreneurial and dynamic, smart, customer-centric, fun and have the shared ambition of takealot.com being the leading e-commerce company in Africa.
- We have fun, work hard, take ownership, work in teams to create solutions, and are always open to direct feedback/new ideas on where we can improve.
- We are short on ego and high on output.
- We are doers and not only thinkers, it’s all in the execution after all.
- We love what we do and what we are creating.
We seek to Employ an Extra Ordinary Mind who:
- is respectful but forthright
- is an expert at doing, who can not only design but also execute
- is analytical, able to use data to make decisions
- is competitive, self-directed and strive to be the BEST (GREAT requires a lot of work and does not only happen during business hours)
- is passionate about the potential of e-commerce and delivering a world-class customer experience
- is entrepreneurial, thrives under change and accepts it is a constant and always looks for solutions to do something better and faster
- is business SMART. Able to think about problems from a business perspective using technical and product input;
- is curious and challenge the status quo
- is innovative and enjoys iteration
- is collaborative
- will be at the cutting edge of developing new concepts for takealot.com
- thinks like an owner of the business
- is SMART, has INTEGRITY and is HARD WORKING
If you meet the above you are an Extraordinary Mind so come and join us!
I acknowledge that if I have a personal information access request or a deletion request in terms of the Protection of Personal Information Act, that request can be sent to email@example.comTakealot is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference.