Website TFG (The Foschini Group)
About the job
Santam’s Merit Claims department has a position available for a Merit Theft Desktop Assessor who will be based in Auckland Park, Gauteng.
What Will You Do
The purpose of this position is to determine the quantum and merit of segmented motor claims by performing investigations, verifying the description of the event with the loss, negotiating with (client, intermediary, and service providers) and settlement of claims within a delegated threshold and according to contract conditions.
What Will Make You Successful In The Role
- Process theft claims from Desktop and determine if these are valid or invalid claims.
- Identify possible red flag claims that require further investigation from Field investigators.
- Refer to a subject matter expert if required.
- Determine market value of stolen vehicles for settlement (valuation).
- Determine outstanding finance details, release settlements and documents to salvage inventory.
- Authorise claims within a specific mandate.
- Complete investigative report.
- Make notes on systems, process claims and upload documents.
- Required to load the order amendments.
- Handle complaints, queries and interaction with clients, intermediaries, service providers, internal stakeholders’ relationship managers, claims committee and options from underwriters.
Qualifications And Experience
- Matric / Grade 12
- Degree, Diploma or Certificate in Mechanical related studies or Automotive/ equivalent Mechanical or Automotive Body Repair Qualification (e.g. Qualified Panel Beater, Diesel Mechanic, etc.) would be advantageous
- 3 years’ experience in vehicle theft/ motor assessing
- Technical skills obtained through training and courses in Heavy Haulage would be advantageous.
- Any previous claims handling, pre-support and or post support experience is advantageous Knowledge of Abuntex and BPM will be an advantage
- Attained product training in the following areas:
- Motor modules for PL, C/L and Agri
- Specialised motor product C/L and Agri
- Principle of insurance
- Technical skills obtained through training and courses in the following areas:
- Introduction to motor
- Claims handling procedure
- VDQ Qualification
- System training on the following:
- Audatex and Abuntex
- Photo viewer
Knowledge And Skills
- Telephonic, negotiation and conflict handling skills
- Basic business ethics and financial principles related to claims
- Time management
- Change management
Who We Are
Santam is the market leader in the general insurance industry in Southern Africa. We are a large, diversified, expanding and transforming company and whilst based in South Africa, we are rapidly moving into a number of emerging markets, both in Africa and Asia.
Our success is rooted in our passion for our clients and everything we do is centered on our delivery of Insurance Good and Proper. We’re about people. People drive our business so it follows that we want to recruit the best people possible whether they work for us permanently or for a short time as temporary employees.
At Santam we are committed to transformation and embracing diversity. This commitment is what drives us to achieve a diverse workplace with employment equity as a key goal to create an inclusive workforce, representative of the demographics of our society. In achieving our employment equity goals we give preference to applicants from the designated groups in alignment with the Divisions Employment Equity targets.