Website Standard Bank
Active management to plan, supervise and control the activities of a given Trade team by ensuring that all controls for effective handling and/or processing of trade transactions in accordance with international standard banking practice, rules and regulations with a view of avoiding reputational and financial risk for the Standard Bank Group.
- Ensure that due diligence checks are conducted, and special instructions are adhered to by performing mini-audits
- Ensure that commission is monitored, timeously recovered and reported by staff to ensure no revenue leakage
- Identify the skills gap within the team and ensure that the competency matrix is updated on the agreed frequency
- Investigate and report service breakdowns which are identified and implement remedial and preventative actions
- Monitor and track staff performance and ensure team delivers against set goals
- Ensure that staff have all relevant equipment (laptops, desktops, printers, stationery etc.) to fulfil their job and request access to all relevant system applications
- Aid staff with the business investigation and reporting of production issues and follow the escalation matrix where required inclusive of system issues
- Identify Combatting Terrorist Financing (CTF), Financial Intelligence Centre Act (FICA) and Anti Money Laundering (AML), Sanctioned affected transactions that would require additional approval to determine internal compliance regulations.
Qualification & Experience:
- Ability to manage Trade transactions and identify irregularities, by applying knowledge of processes, ICC rules and Trade terms.
- 7-10 years of experience demonstrating practical knowledge and understanding of the complex issues associated with Trade products, parties, processes and rules that underpin Trade transactions.
- 7-10 years experience with spot transactions, forward exchange contracts, options, swaps, foreign currency accounts, Nostro and Vostro accounts, exchange rates, balance of payments, exchange control, reconciliation, SWIFT concepts and trade finance
- Certified Documentary Credit Specialist (CDCS) and/or Certificate in International Trade Finance (CITF) and /or Certificate for Specialists in Demand Guarantees (CSDG)
- Matric and Tertiary qualification
Company: Standard Bank
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Simmonds, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A