Website Spark Schools
The Curriculum and Assessment Lead drives student achievement in the SPARK Schools network by ensuring that our curriculum is engaging and rigorous and that our assessment accurately measures student progress toward each individual’s achievement goals. The Curriculum and Assessment Lead’s leadership in the SPARK Schools network is integral to the SPARK Schools mission to create systemic change in South African education
- Helps instructional coaches and educators to develop instructional strategies and intervention programmes
- Design and/or supplement a rigorous network-wide curriculum for the allocated subjects that aligns to and extends the South African national curriculum, including comprehensive assessments for all grades and all subjects.
- Participates in and drives own professional development.
- Plan and support pre-service and in-service professional development for school leaders and educators on curriculum, culture, and community-building.
- Document and communicate scope and sequence of curriculum for each grade level and subject, in conjunction with internal assessments.
- Promote the vision and mission of SPARK Schools Support to SPARK Schools Support staff and SPARK Schools staff, scholars, families, and the greater community.
- Source and recommend for implementation appropriate curriculum resources
- Meet professional obligations through efficient work habits, such as meeting deadlines, honouring schedules, coordinating resources and meetings in an effective and timely manner, and demonstrating respect for others.
- Develop, monitor, refine, and implement the curriculum and assessment model at SPARK Schools.
- Self Reflection: Finding the capacity to bring your best self to challenges and opportunities.
- Mission and Vision Alignment: Understanding of and passion for the SPARK Schools mission to provide excellent education at an affordable cost.
- Excellence: A track record of high expectations personally and professionally.
- Grit: Persistence through challenges.
Qualification & Experience:
- At least three years of experience formally coaching teachers.
- Experience in isiZulu and isiXhosa curriculum development and assessment.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Fluency in isiZulu and isiXhosa.
Company: Spark Schools
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Rosebank, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A