Website SPARK Schools
About the job
About SPARK Schools
Watch our Vision Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOU0TYnNsZo
Take a tour of our Website: https://sparkschools.co.za/
SPARK Schools is a network of independent schools that provides affordable, globally competitive education through Africa’s first blended learning model. This innovative model elevates student achievement and provides the tools teachers need to serve their students effectively.
This blended learning model, which combines classroom teaching and online instruction, allows teachers to anticipate student needs and equips schools to provide personalized education at an affordable cost. SPARK Schools is pioneering this transformative education model to ensure the accessibility of university and careers for all.
SPARK Schools has a culture of collaboration, because getting South Africa to lead global education takes a team effort. We are innovators who strive for excellence through persistence and a sense of urgency to achieve SPARK Schools’ vision, mission and social transformational objectives. Our work environment is vibrant/cheerful, fast-paced/dynamic, engaging/stimulating, tech-enabled and data driven.
SPARK Schools is a high growth, mission and values-driven, entrepreneurial organisation, operating 20 primary schools and 4 high schools and serving over 15,000 families in 2023. We are looking for dynamic people to join our team.
Reports To: Business Intelligence Manager
- Solve new and challenging data problems in the SPARK Schools ecosystem including but not limited to establishing a single source of truth, master and reference data management, defining the data landscape and organisational data processes.
- Serve as an analytics domain expert: help the business intelligence team scope and and prioritize projects, identify required infrastructure, maintain existing infrastructure
- Be a thought partner to other departments and drive data-driven decision-making across SPARK Schools
- Build reports and dashboards that empower stakeholders to self-service data consumption, enabling them to access data and insights as needed
- Deeply understand users within the SPARK ecosystem and their actions (end to end) and champion features to enhance user experience – reducing pain points for all stakeholders
- Help develop data-driven products and services, such as client-facing analytics insights and personalized experiences
- Be able to simplify and communicate complex topics to non-technical audiences
- Elevate the entire business (Particularly Product Design, Sales, Marketing, Systems, Accounts and Customer Service teams) by analyzing and leveraging data to make recommendations and improvements
- Work with other analysts and data scientists to support business intelligence work from SQL pipelines and Power BI
- Ad-hoc data analysis.
- Mentor and support other analysts
Qualifications And Criteria
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications and criteria:
- Completed relevant bachelor’s degree in mathematics, engineering, computer science or another relevant field
- Masters degree preferable
- 5 to 7 years of experience as a Data Analyst – 2 of which must be in in a Senior Data Analyst role
- Expert knowledge of SQL
- Expert level usage of BI tools (Power BI & Excel/Google Sheets)
- Analytics experience across multiple company domains such as Product, Sales, Marketing, Customer Service, and Finance
- Experience with web analytics and optimization tools (Mixpanel, Google Analytics, etc.)
- Experience in designing and setting up experiments to analyze the impact of new products and features a plus (hypothesis testing, multivariate analysis, or Bayesian)
- Experience working with developers
- Experience with databases
- Familiarity with version-control systems
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are required
- Excellent command of the English language, both written and spoken
- Experience with a BI transformation tool is a plus
- SQL Server
- Power BI
- Grit: Persistence through challenges.
- Excellence: A track record of high expectations personally and professionally.
- Mission and Vision Alignment: Understanding of and passion for the SPARK Schools mission to provide excellent education at an affordable cost.
- Self Reflection: Finding the capacity to bring your best self to challenges and opportunities.
Values: Service, Persistence, Achievement, Responsibility, Kindness
- fair market linked remuneration
- performance-based annual bonuses and increases
- above average/good annual leave
- life, disability and funeral cover
- employee wellness support
- educational support & study leave
- individualised professional development, support and mentorship
- employee discount on school fees
- opportunities for career growth
Compensation: Commensurate with experience.
Position Type: Permanent
Location: Rosebank, Johannesburg, South Africa
SPARK schools is an equal opportunities employer and preference will be given to candidates from designated groups with due consideration of the company’s Employment Equity goals and targets.
SPARK Schools Encourages Persons With Disabilities To Apply.
SPARK Schools may expire the posting of this advertisement at their own discretion.
Kindly note that should you have not heard from us within two weeks of the closing date please consider your application unsuccessful.