Website Spark Schools
SPARK Schools inside facilities maintenance staff ensure that the school building is well maintained and clean. Inside facilities maintenance staff are integral to the SPARK Schools “culture” and our commitment to providing a world-class learning environment for our scholars.
- Assist with ad-hoc operational tasks, such as moving furniture, working with maintenance and gardening suppliers, or setting up for events.
- Participate actively in staff development opportunities as a member of the SPARK Schools team.
- Conduct self in a professional manner at all SPARK Schools events and to all stakeholders.
- Assist with welcoming students during daily arrivals and dismissals, as required by school leadership.
- Communicate and collaborate professionally with school staff, parents, and other stakeholders as required.
- Manage tools and equipment, reporting any damaged or lost items to school leadership for fixing or replacement.
- Ensure that the school premises are safe for students, staff and parents.
- Report facilities maintenance issues to school leadership and assist with repairs where applicable.
- Maintain the upkeep of the school building, gardens, and grounds.
- Mission and Vision Alignment: Understanding of and passion for the SPARK Schools mission to provide excellent education at an affordable cost.
- Grade 12 certificate
- English language fluency
- Previous maintenance and/or grounds keeping experience
- Self Reflection: Finding the capacity to bring your best self to challenges and opportunities.
- Clear/Clean Criminal Record
- Excellence: A track record of high expectations personally and professionally.
- Grit: Persistence through challenges.
Company: Spark Schools
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Midrand, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A