Website Animated Designs, LLC
You will be a Registered Speech & Language Therapist with experience of supporting people with Learning Disability, Autism and associated mental health needs. The role requires you to provide specialist clinical interventions and guidance to teams regarding people in residential and supported living services across Precious Homes.
- To provide input into referral assessments and advice around transitions for the people we support, as appropriate.
- To provide training to staff across our sites, or varying grades and backgrounds, to ensure best practice and maximise our therapeutic input.
- Communicate often complex information effectively to service users and carers, using alternative methods of communication where appropriate, to maximise treatment potential, whilst ensuring an understanding of risk and benefits of assessment and treatment / interventions.
- To attend sites on a regular to provide assessment and intervention as required for the people we support.
- To act as a member of the multi-disciplinary team and actively participate in team meetings, providing specialist input advice and guidance.
- To ensure that the care homes provide a total communication environment to support the service user’s communication.
- To work with service users that display behaviours of concern using a Positive Behaviour Support (PBS) framework
- Work with service users, their family and carers, professionals within the team and other key stakeholders as appropriate.
- Represent the service and or individual service users at multi-disciplinary meetings, taking a lead role where appropriate and integrating speech and language therapy needs into support plans.
Qualification & Experience:
- Degree in Speech & Language Therapy.
- Practicing Speech and Language Therapist for a minimum of 2 years in a similar field.
- Clinical experience working with Learning Disability, Autism and behaviours of concern.
- Driving licence and ability to attend sites when required.
- Current professional registration with HCPC.
- Member of Royal College of Speech & Language Therapists (RCSLT).
Company: Animated Designs, LLC
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: East London, Eastern Cape, SA
Application Deadline: N/A