About the job
FNB is a values-based organisation. Our values are our core business driver. It guides us in every aspect of our business be it when making business decisions, or when dealing with our colleagues, customers and investors. In living the FNB values our employees:-
· Take pride in what we do and our contributions to our organisation.
· In our owner-manager culture, we take responsibility and accountability for our actions and we don’t run away from our problems, but tackle them head-on.
· Are empowered to innovate and come up with new ideas, as we value and nurture new ideas.
· Embrace the concept of Ubuntu with our understanding of the communities in which we operate. We have unity of purpose where the whole is greater than the part; therefore, no individual or department can function at the expense of another.
· Respect the feelings, rights and abilities of our colleagues, clients and communities, even though they may be different from our own. We respect ourselves and our colleagues by not accepting or delivering average or poor performance.
If the FNB values are congruent with your value set, and you have the necessary skills and competencies for the position advertised, then we are looking for you.
All appointments will be made in line with the Bank’s EE Strategy.
The purpose of the role is to analyse credit data to estimate degree of risk in extending credit or lending money;
Consult with management to assist in corporate planning.
- Achieve year on year Total Consumer Revenue Growth as per the Branch Financial Performance Report for your Customer Portfolio
- Manage costs / expenses within approved budget to achieve cost efficiencies
- Deliver exceptional Credit service that exceeds customers’ expectations through proactive, innovative and appropriate solutions
- Assist internal sales partners with credit decisions and application of the credit policy. Build and maintain relationships with internal business partners
- Maintenance of expert knowledge on relevant legislative amendments, industry best practices and provision of proactive advice and solutions to relevant stakeholders
- Responsible for maximising cross sell opportunities through credit assessment and client portfolio analysis
- Assist internal sales partners with credit decisions and application of the credit policy and build and maintain relationships with internal business partners
- Ensure average approval turnaround time against target to ensure retention of clients.
- Analyse credit data to estimate degree of risk in extending credit or lending money by accessing credit applications
- Comply with governance in terms of legislative and audit requirements
- Responsible for the returns of daily stats
- Manage personal development to increase own skills and competencies
- In accordance with National Credit Act (NCA) candidates applying for this role will require a credit record check.
- Please note that this is a 6 Months Fixed-Term Contract role
Qualifications and Experience
· BCom Degree in Finance or Accounting
· 0-3 years experience