To prepare the annual financial statements for the company in compliance with applicable legislation, to comply with relevant tax legislation to optimise the tax position of the company and to manage the general ledger module.
- Develop, Implement and monitor the reporting including the general ledger management and Tax policies ensuring that SITA develops and implements best suited reporting and Tax interventions, programmes and processes.
- Prepare the annual financial statements and tax submissions in accordance with all applicable legislation and ensure a statutory compliant submission to external stakeholders.
- To develop, review and finalise required reports to stakeholders.
- Address audit concerns timely to ensure a smooth audit.
- Manage, monitor and maintain the general ledger module.
- Equip the stakeholders with appropriate tools and knowledge regarding technical financial aspects
- Manage and empower staff to enable them to deliver on their performance goals to ensure the department achieves its objectives.
Generally Recognised Accounting Practice (GRAP). Understanding of relevant legislation, including PFMA and Treasury regulations. Knowledge of Financial Reporting and Analysis, Risk Management and Control, & Tax Accounting. Ability to review processes and draft appropriate policies and procedures. Human Resources management Identification of and management of risk Implementation and monitoring of internal controls Experience in preparing financial schedules including the relevant annual financial statement disclosures. Good knowledge of the Companies Act and Income Tax Act.
Qualification & Experience:
- 3-year Degree in Finance PLUS honours in Accounting. Registration with a Professional Body: CASA/CIMA is required.
- Experience: 7 – 8 years relevant finance experience and external audit experience will be considered.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Erasmuskloof, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A