- Ensure compliance with all SACAA regulations.
- Detection and reporting of incidents related to crime and breach of company policies and procedures.
- Compile and circulate drone mission reports and findings.
- Archiving of drone footage.
- Attend pre-mission planning meetings with drone mission commanders / Unit Managers.
- Completing safety risk assessments prior to flight and after action reviews post-flight.
- Developing flight plans, checking any notices of potential flight hazards filed with the SACAA and coordinating airspace integration with any affected controlling agencies or owners of private property.
- Conducting RPAS/drone flights.
- Performing pre-flight, in-flight, and post-flight checks and procedures.
- Troubleshooting, diagnosing, and repairing drones in the field.
- Have a Grade C registration with the Private Security Industry Regulatory Authority (PSIRA) or the ability to obtain one within 3 months.
- Have a valid Class 3 medical certificate, aviation security course certificate, Crew resource management certificate, dangerous goods Class 10 certificate and RPAS maintenance technician certificate.
- Be in possession of beyond visual line of sight (BVLOS) endorsement on RPL.
- Be in possession of a Grade 12 certificate.
- Have at least 2 years’ experience in related role with a minimum of 200 hours proven/logges drone flights of which at least 150hours are BVLOS flights.
- Be in position of a remotely polite aircraft license (RPL) (SACAA accredited) including beyond visual line of sight flying.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Mahikeng, North West, SA
Application Deadline: N/A