Website The Shoprite Group of Companies
The purpose of the Digital Product Data Capturer is to accurately capture rich product images, media and data on all digital channels for Shoprite and Checkers to ensure high-quality customer-facing product information. This role helps drive online traffic to the website and mobile application and promotes product discovery.
- Accurately link related and recommended products to drive product page reviews.
- Check images, media and product descriptions for accuracy and completeness.
- Enrich digital products with rich images, media and product descriptions across all digital channels.
- Refer any discrepancies and/or issues to the Product Data Team Lead.
- Create and manage product catalogues for the website and mobile application.
- Correct incorrectly captured images, media and product descriptions in terms of Product Data standards.
- Archive products in categories to manage catalogues per banner, campaign etc.
- Engage with product data vendors and/or suppliers for consistency in product data imaging and descriptions.
- Motivated self-starter with good energy and drive.
- Excellent writing skills – Possesses a strong, versatile writing skill set and strong editing and proofreading skills to produce accurate, compelling and creative content.
- Sets high standards and takes accountability for actions and mistakes.
- Content Management – administers digital content throughout its lifecycle, from creation to permanent storage or deletion. The content may be images, video, audio and multimedia, and text.
- Excellent organisational skills with strong attention to detail.
- Results and quality focused – Proactively drive results and set stretch goals for self, remaining focused and working tenaciously to meet and exceed expectations within quality standards.
- Good problem-solving skills with the ability to assimilate various sources of information while balancing the creative and analytical sides of communication to inform strong messaging and content.
Qualification & Experience:
- Hands-on experience with Content Management Systems (e.g. SAP Commerce, Magento, etc.) – (preferred).
- Grade 12 / Matric / NQF Level 4 Certification – (essential).
- +1 year experience in digital product data capturing, digital marketing or similar role, with some practical knowledge of eCommerce retail operations relevant to executing responsibilities within the function – (essential).
Company: The Shoprite Group of Companies
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, SA
Application Deadline: N/A