Website The Shoprite Group of Companies
About the job
DSV – Global transport and logistics
In 1976, ten independent hauliers joined forces and founded DSV in Denmark. Since then, DSV has evolved to become the world’s 5th largest supplier of global solutions within transport and logistics. Today, we add value to our customers’ entire supply chain by transporting, storing, packaging, re-packaging, processing and clearing all types of goods. We work every day from our many offices in more than 80 countries to ensure a steady supply of goods to production lines, outlets, stores and consumers all over the world. Our reach is global yet our presence is local and close to our customers. Read more at www.dsv.com
Location: Pretoria, Silverton
Job Posting Title: Operations, Manager
Time Type: Full Time
- Supply Chain & Logistics Diploma/Degree or Industrial Engineering Diploma/Degree – Advantage
- Warehouse Management Systems experience – Essential
- Experience as a CMMS Key User will be an advantage
- EWM – system experience e.g. SAP
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in logistics environment
- 40 Hours (Shifts & Overtime)
- Operations: Min (2 – 3) experience in Inbound & Outbound logistics, Warehouse Processes, Part supply through Sequencing. Abilities to investigate and close out inventory stock variances, caused through incorrect system transactions, Bill of Material, etc
- Supervisory Management: Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in supervising or leading a team in a warehouse operations environment including performance management, absence management, identifying development requirements, ensuring accountability and DSV values are upheld.
- Compliance: 1-2 years’ experience in compliance management – Advantageous
- Commercial: 1-2 years’ experience in managing service delivery to client as per SLA, understanding of KPI’s, as well as standards and compliance thereof – Advantageous
- Problem Solving: Knowledge of effective Root Cause Analysis, Problem Solving and implementation of Corrective and Preventative Measures.
- Communication: Must be able to communicate effectively (written and verbal) to manage and meet both internal and external customer expectations.
- Stress and Conflict Management: Candidate must have effective techniques and/or skills to manage conflict, cope with stress and work effectively under constant pressure;
- Must be able to work extended hours and weekend.
- Must have reliable transport.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must have a high attention to detail.
- Must be an organized individual who is results orientated.
Added Advantages For This Role
- Knowledge of various continuous improvement methodologies (Lean, Six Sigma, Theory of Constraints)
- CMMS, Movis, SKS, SAP
- Project Management skills
Main Purpose Of The Role
This position aims to ensure contract adherence in terms of client relations, operational performance, commercial and financial performance, people management and development and continual improvement initiatives.
This role will be managing a team of between 50 -100 employees.
The role needs to ensure operations are managed in accordance with the DSV standards and policies and procedures. Ensure that the DSV strategy, goals and initiatives are cascaded down through the organization into the various areas of the operation.
Support and actively participate in development services and solutions to complement DSV’s offering to the Automotive industry.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Accountability and leadership on all aspects of the operations in Gauteng.
- Meeting of all customer SLAs.
- Compliance of sites to DSV standards:
- SHERQ – achieve minimum requirements
- Implement and maintain Quality Management System at all sites
- Assist in unlocking synergies within operations to improve competitiveness of solution
- Assist in driving synergies with other DSV business units, where possible, to improve operational performance
- Ensure implementation and daily adherence of full site compliance for Safety, Quality and Delivery, including the following: DSV Policies, Regulations, Work Instructions, Maintenance Schedule and Local Safety Authority requirements
- Ensuring client’s needs and expectations are consistently met within scope of the SLA.
Commercial / Financial
- Claims investigation in order to understand claim details per incident to report internally
- Actively managing daily operational performance to consistently achieve performance metric targets
- Delivering on client and internal continuous improvement requirements and driving a Lean culture
- Internal stakeholder communication management ensure agreed to meetings, conference calls and forums are planned and conducted internally as agreed to by all stakeholders, this is an ongoing requirement.
- Customer dissatisfaction process analyse failures with regards to deliveries, client complaints, damages etc to determine root cause and corrective actions.
- Assist in achieving and explaining monthly KPI dashboard results and reporting, root cause analysis and corrective action implementation and tracking.
- Ensure operational readiness to support programs (this includes the full scope of this role’s responsibility)
- Any other functions which the Branch Manager may require in terms of your area of scope of responsibility
- Develop and motivate direct team.
- Ensure direct reports have a job description.
- Ensure training and development is in place to close skills gaps and to develop team.
- Ensure headcount and resources are in line with budget.
- Ensure operational and individual behaviour is aligned to DSV Policies & Procedures.
- Ensure relevant information is cascaded to subordinates.
- Ensure direct reports are accountable for their outputs.
- Firm and consistent approach to ongoing performance measurement and management of team.
- Firm and consistent management of team in line with DSV Values, Policies and Procedures, NBCRFLI Main Agreement, BCEA and LRA.
- Ensure effective resourcing in all departments to deliver the expected services.
- Resolution of all IR issues in conjunction with HRM & IR Specialist timeously.
- Coaching and mentoring of team to achieve client objectives.
- IDP and succession plans in place for all critical roles.
- Drive training interventions to close skills gaps in operation
Disclaimer: Due to the high volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should an external candidate not hear from us within four (4) weeks following their application, they should consider their application unsuccessful. Strictly fair and non-discriminatory selection procedures will be followed. We use Affirmative Action (AA) measures in an endeavor to redress the disadvantages in employment experienced by designated groups. Where possible, preference will be given to candidates from the designated groups as defined in the Employment Equity Act and in line with DSV’s Employment Equity plans. DSV reserves the right to defer or close a vacancy at any time.