Website The Shoprite Group of Companies
The purpose of theSenior People Statutory and Compliance Specialist role is to continuously monitor compliance and adherence to HR policies, procedures, processes, and standards and ensure ongoing HR compliance to regulatory requirements and prescribed industry standards.
- Reviewing regulatory alerts for RSA and non-RSA to stay at the forefront of statutory and compliance inputs in the People Team. Establishing a system for monitoring People processes, practices, procedures, and templates. Measuring compliance
- Participating in the integration and effective flow of work with other solution areas and businesses. Identifying relevant technology requirements for the Governance team and ensuring optimal utilisation thereof. Identifying opportunities for continuous improvement in
- governance, compliance, and related processes to ensure ongoing process efficiency.
- Managing oversight and governance costs whilst ensuring service delivery to the Shoprite Group. Managing the collection and use of oversight and governance data and business intelligence to transform the delivery of oversight and governance services.
- Aligning participation to deliver relevant Statutory and Compliance services to the business. Participating in the enablement of an innovative, agile, and employee-centric culture where employees are supported, empowered, and valued within the Governance team.
- Demonstrable knowledge of HR-orientated Statutory & Compliance and/or Oversight & Governance within the FMCG, retail sector, understanding of the challenges of HR Statutory & Compliance and/or Oversight and Governance in a Group, retail environment.
- We value practical learning experiences, in the event that a candidate does not have a degree, demonstrable relevant experience will be considered. A proven track record of delivering People Statutory & Compliance and/or Oversight and Governance services and demonstrating knowledge of trending People Statutory & Compliance and/or Oversight and Governance best practices in a retail environment.
- Knowledge of HR policies, procedures, legislation, and regulations.
4+ Years in a Senior People Statutory & Compliance and/or Oversight & Governance capacity or equivalent role, delivering and advisory services in an HR/Finance environment within related governance/ statutory frameworks, policies, procedures, and guidelines.
Qualification & Experience:
- Degree in Human Resources, Legal, Finance, Audit, or equivalent.
- The successful incumbent should come from a legal background with an LLB / BCom LLB degree and have specific experience with legal and regulatory compliance management. Experience with labour law (BCEA, LRA, EEA) will be preferential, but is not a prerequisite).
Company: The Shoprite Group of Companies
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Brackenfell, Western Cape, SA
Application Deadline: N/A