Website The Shoprite Group of Companies
The purpose of the Senior Oversight and Governance Specialist role is to work with the HO Solutions team to define the necessary People governance frameworks, policies, procedures, processes and tools and ensure all the requirements are in place across the People value chain and function in alignment with organisational and legislative policies and/or frameworks and/or processes.
- Managing oversight and governance costs whilst ensuring service delivery to the Shoprite Group. Managing the collection and use of oversight and governance data and business intelligence to transform the delivery of oversight and governance services,
- Aligning participation to deliver relevant Oversight and Governance services to the People Team. Participating in the enablement of an innovative, agile and employee centric culture where employees are supported
- Ensuring all HR (HUMAN RESOURCES) policies, procedures, and processes are defined and aligned to business objectives, local legislation, and leading practice and are implemented on an ongoing basis in conjunction with the HO Solutions team.
- Participating in the integration and effective flow of work with other solution areas and business. Identifying relevant technology requirements for the Governance team and ensuring optimal utilisation thereof.
- Ensuring compliance with organisational and legislative governance frameworks, legislation, and standards. Adhering to governance structures, policies, processes
- Knowledge of HR policies, procedures, legislation, and regulations – (essential).
- We value practical learning experiences, in the event that a candidate does not have a degree, demonstrable relevant experience will be considered. A proven track record of delivering People Statutory & Compliance and/or Oversight and Governance services and demonstrating knowledge of trending People Statutory & Compliance and/or Oversight and Governance best practices in a retail environment – (essential).
- Demonstrable knowledge of HR (HUMAN RESOURCES) orientated Statutory & Compliance and/or Oversight & Governance within the FMCG, retail sector, understanding of the challenges of HR (HUMAN RESOURCES) Statutory & Compliance and/or Oversight and Governance in a Group, retail environment – (essential).
Qualification & Experience:
- Degree in Finance, Internal Audit or equivalent – (essential).
- Experience within the FMCG, retail sector or similar – (preferred).
- 4+ years in an Internal Audit, Risk Management and/or pro-active Governancecapacity or equivalent role, delivering and advisoryservices in an HR/Finance environment within related governance/ statutory frameworks, policies, procedures, and guidelines – (essential).
Company: The Shoprite Group of Companies
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Brackenfell, Western Cape, SA
Application Deadline: N/A