Website The Shoprite Group of Companies
The purpose of the People Delivery Assistant role is to provide support to the specific People function Portfolio by completing accurate and timeous administrative inputs, checks and document management / filing services to ensure that all People activities are recorded and traceable. The role also renders additional ad hoc support services as required within the function often beyond administrative functions in terms of supporting other employee interfacing activities related to the People service offering.
- Participating in various team activities that foster a wellness culture to ensure that the team mentally, physically and emotionally feels supported.
- Ensuring accuracy in data input and relevant reports as applicable to the business.
- As directed by the People Delivery Partner and/or Divisional People Partner, providing additional People support to various stakeholders to support them in delivering and efficient and effective service to business and employees across the People functions and employee life cycle – i.e recruitment, payroll related, benefits related, wellness, communications, onboarding, exit management etc.
- Adhering to legislative as required by the functional role.
- Identifying opportunities for continuous improvement in administrative and assistant delivery services.
- Participating in the enablement of a culture of open and transparent communication within the team.
- Assisting with compiling basic reports for input to broader People requirements.
- Escalating concerns or challenges immediately to ensure an efficient flow of work is maintained.
- Using official data sources to inform administrative outputs.
- Providing administrative support across relevant People function according to People policies and procedures generally but also more specifically in the People function the portfolio delivers administrative services to.
- Participating in the integration and effective flow of work with other service areas and business.
- Must be well-organised and have excellent time-management skills.
- Result orientation and willingness to work hard to achieve the goal.
- Reliability and the ability to inspire trust.
- Excellent communicator to all levels of management in the company.
- The ability for strategic thinking/ability for critical and analytical thinking.
Qualification & Experience:
- functions or equivalent role.
- +5 years in an HR administrative or HR Assistant role with exposure to various aspects of the HR
- Diploma and/or Degree in Human Resources or equivalent.
- employee lifecycle – delivering HR administration, HR support and Assistant HR service delivery
- Experience working with Management payroll
Company: The Shoprite Group of Companies
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, SA
Application Deadline: N/A