Website The Shoprite Group of Companies
The purpose of the Wholesale Credit Manager to design, implement and manage the execution of the various credit value-chain inputs from customer onboarding to buying, invoicing and collections, including the day-to-day credit customer support. This role applies solid knowledge of credit operations and systems to contribute to the development of policy, controls and practice guidelines pertaining to wholesale credit operations in collaboration with the group credit teams and ensure compliance with store operational teams. Furthermore, this role manages key stakeholder relationships and inputs to deliver on wholesale credit strategy and objectives. This role will be responsible for the end-to-end delivery and management of wholesale credit business.
- Develop and manage procedural guidelines for and delegate authority to store managers pertaining to credit granting and limitations and ensure final approval.
- Design, implement and ensure compliance in credit collection processes for all customers according to established policies and credit regulations to minimize revenue loss.
- Set-up or contribute to implementation and/or development of overall processes, systems and necessary controls pertaining to wholesale credit.
- Ensure systems and documents administrative efficiency (i.e. front and back-office administration) and regulatory compliance (i.e. POPI Act, NCA, FICA etc.) within the credit value chain processes.
- Design, implement and oversee the execution of the various credit value chain inputs from customer onboarding to buying, invoicing and collections, including the day-to-day credit customer support.
- Design, implement, manage and/or enhance processes and policies for wholesale credit application and approval in collaboration with various inputs from store managers and internal teams.
- Analyses and monitors the effectiveness and adequacy of existing credit risk processes and practices.
- Develops practical solutions to improve risk measurement and analysis using in-depth knowledge of credit risk.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of ERP or supporting systems.
- Solid knowledge and proven experience developing and implementing credit policies and operational guidelines, including adherence to credit-related laws and regulations to manage credit risk controls – (essential).
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel and MS Office (essential).
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business/finance/accounting or similar – (essential).
- 4+ years relevant experience in an accounting or credit role or similar role with extensive knowledge and experience overseeing the delivery of credit risk mitigation processes and systems including security requirements, credit scoring systems, credit awarding/facilities and limit negotiations and monitoring within a large customer base – (essential).
- In-depth experience managing various inputs of credit value chain in a medium to large-scale, multi-entity enterprise (essential).
Company: The Shoprite Group of Companies
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Brackenfell, Western Cape, SA
Application Deadline: N/A