The Engineer II/ Senior C&I Engineer is responsible for supporting in implementing and maintaining global minimum standards, local standards and agreement on international standards with particular focus on the C&I engineering discipline. The incumbent is also responsible for assurance definition (including QA/QC) and implementation as well as the achievement of performance goals relating to direct and indirect reports. The job is responsible for defining the project scopes for respective project tracks and ensuring integrity of engineering work and QA/QC carried out (both internal and 3rd party) and recommendations made. The role is responsible for supporting in providing a functional home for and developing of C&I engineers and is a custodian of C&I technology management group wide. The role provides senior project support to global projects and defines and assures global project delivery KPI sets.
- Measure and report on C&I engineering and QA/QC performance on projects.
- Participate in stage gate reviews.
- Complete and manage incident reporting on projects, following the conduct of RCA and implementation of corrective plans.
- Conduct quality assurance reviews to guide engineers and ensure compliance to set standards.
- Support with defining and developing current standards, best practices, templates, procedures and training for C&I engineering work effort, incorporating lessons learnt and industry trends.
- Own, review, maintain and update critical engineering and QA/QC tools required to execute services.
- Manage deviation controls in all C&I Engineering and QA/QC related activities.
- Governance and Risk Management:
- Provide input concerning best practices and lessons learned.
- Ensure that third party / EC engineering and QA/QC processes are in place and followed.
- Support with defining and implementing C&I Engineering quality assurance standards to uphold the highest local and international standards.
- Support Project Management wrt Eng. track in gate readiness and quality review.
- Generate value add from implementation of lessons learnt.
- Provide input into project execution strategies including contracting and selection of suppliers.
- Support with liaison with TM and ensuring portfolio of projects in area of responsibility is resourced according to priority.
- Provide a functional home for and develop engineers including talent management.
- Coach, mentor and guide engineers.
- Maintain overview of subject matter experts.
- Support with maintenance of C&I ‘depth charts’ (experience and skill level) for input into recruitment and rolling capital planning.
- Support with establishment and track team metrics and goals to achieve quality outcomes.
- Support with enablement of technical teams to deliver on project portfolio within technology area and discipline, and for portfolio feedback to OME’s.
Qualification & Experience:
- Typically 5 years (Engineer II)
- Exposure to front end and detail engineering, project execution (including planning and scheduling), construction and commissioning, training and development and functional management
- Process Automation Systems, Field Instrumentation, Process Control and Optimisation, Process Functional Safety, Cybersecurity, Digitisation,
- QA/QC or C&I Commissioning expertise”
- Post Graduate Master’s Degree Engineering: Electrical and Electronic/Chemical (wish)
- Slotting on Engineer II or Snr Engineer level will be done on successful applicant’s experience level.
- University Bachelor’s Degree Engineering: Electrical and Electronic/Chemical
- Typically 10 years. Minimum 8 years as per proposed framework (Snr Engineer)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sasolburg, Free State, SA
Application Deadline: N/A