Lead all aspects of the processes to develop category strategies to optimize Sasol’s external spend for the Electrical, Control and Instrumentation (EC&I) and Information and Communications Technologies (ICT) categories.
- Lead and oversee the development and implementation of strategies for the category in order to realise increased business value for Sasol by
- leveraging external spend through a total cost of ownership reduction approach. Typical spend optimization levers will include both operational and commercial levers.
- Lead cross-functional and cross-divisional project/task teams for external spend optimization.
- Prepare for and lead negotiations of high value / strategic contracts to unlock external spend savings in collaboration with team members from regional maintenance hubs and commercial specialists.
- Analyse the stakeholder landscape and proactively manage relationships to ensure support for and participation in processes to develop and implement external spend optimisation strategies.
- Oversee and coordinate the implementation of operations improvement levers identified during the Win phase of external spend optimization microbattles.
- Authentically and inclusively engages people to follow; leads culture transformation. Builds capability and leverages diversity for competitive advantage.
- Takes accountability for driving own growth through developing self-awareness, reflecting, seeking feedback and self-correcting
- Leads and oversees deals through negotiations focused on an integrative, value-creating process.
- Demonstrates commercial acumen, a global mind-set and exercises sound judgement. Achieves results through others and holds them accountable.
- Persuades and influences stakeholders; builds relationships and partnerships for win-win outcomes. Builds teams and creates synergies through working across boundaries.
- Provides vision and direction aligned to One Sasol. Leads organisational change, innovation and sustainability.
Qualification & Experience:
- MBA / MBL (Wish)
- Four-year University Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Electronic or Control Engineering
- 10+ relevant years in technical, procurement or commercial roles (Electrical, Control and Instrumentation, Information and Communication Technologies
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sandton, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A