About the job
We are looking to recruit a permanent Senior Team Leader to work for United Pharmaceutical Distributors (UPD). The role will be based at Roodepoort, JHB and will report to the IT Executive.
To architect the data Warehouse, manage the environment and BI developers as well as to lead the development of ETL jobs and BI reports. This is a do-er more than a people only manager.
• To architect the Data warehouse and BI environment and to define the development standards.
• To liaise with the business analysts and/or users to clarify business requirement.
• To accurately document technical specification in line with IT guidelines
• To lead the development of ETL jobs and BI reports.
• To manage the team that may consist of consultants, developers, or trainees
• To test all programs changed or developed to ensure full functionality and to ensure that no defects exist.
• To correct manage to environment addressing any errors and managing / improving performance.
• To provide general application support and maintenance as and when required.
• To assist business users with ad hoc data analysis and problem solving.
Qualification & Experience:
• Relevant technical or business qualification – diploma/degree (Essential)
• Minimum 5-7 years Data warehousing & BI experience (Essential)
• Minimum 3 years SQL experience (Essential)
• Experience with SAP Data Warehouse and BI tools
• Knowledge of SAP Analytics Cloud and SAP Data Warehouse Cloud (Highly Desirable)
• Knowledge of Logistics & Warehouse systems (Highly Desirable)
• Data warehouse and BI Programming Certification (Desirable)
• Exposure to other development or BI Tools (Desirable)
Job related knowledge and skills:
• Knowledge of Logistics & Warehouse systems
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills
• Sound programming and technical skills
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Good documentation skills
• Ability to use own initiative
• Strong determination and drive
• Team player
• Logical thinker
• Ability to learn quickly and to share knowledge
• Ability to liaise with users at all levels
• Applying Expertise and Technology
• Creating and Innovating
• Writing and Reporting
• Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations
• Coping with Pressures and Setbacks
N.B: We endeavor to provide feedback to all candidates whenever possible, however, if you don’t hear from us within 14 days from the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.