Website South African Revenue Service - SARS
The focus of this position is to work closely with the business units to gain in-depth understanding of customer’s business strategy, processes, services, roadmap and the context in which the business operates. This role will be key to understanding the documenting capabilities needed to address business challenges
- Plan for value-added process improvements, initiatives and services to deliver on operational strategy and objectives.
- Provide specialist input through the investigation of opportunities for operational and process product and risk optimisation.
- Draw on own knowledge and experience to diagnose symptoms, causes and possible effects in order to solve emerging problems.
- Correctly apply policies, practices, standards, procedures and legislation in the delivery of work outputs.
- Communication of situational interpretation and judgement of work outputs and queries in area of specialisation.
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with peers, SARS role players and third parties to achieve predefined objectives.
- Execute specialist input through investigation &opportunities within the product process including risk concern.
- Initiate process and procedural change, implement the change and provide guidelines and support related to new requirements as a result of the change.
- Apply practical and applied knowledge and act authoritatively on methods, systems and procedures to identify trends and potential risks.
- Contribute to a culture of service excellence, which builds positive relationships and provides opportunity for feedback and exceptional service.
- Provide authoritative, specialist services, expertise and advice to internal and external stakeholders.
- Adhere to organisational policies and procedures to ensure cost effectiveness and reduction of financial costs.
- GOC Confidential
Qualification & Experience:
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree / Advanced Diploma (NQF 7) AND 5-7 years’ experience in a similar environment, of which 2-3 years ideally at functional specialist level
- Senior Certificate (NQF 4) and relevant IT Qualification(s) / Certification(s), and 5-7 years’ experience in a similar environment
Company: South African Revenue Service – SARS
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A