Website South African Revenue Service - SARS
To independently plan and conduct complex audits across multiple tax types, multiple periods with multiple risks, understanding the risk implications across other tax types, in compliance with all legislative requirements
- Execute specialist input through investigation &opportunities within the product process including risk concern.
- Effectively utilise resources allocated to the job in order to perform contracted work outputs and report on and escalate any shortfalls.
- Correctly apply policies, practices, standards, procedures and legislation in the delivery of work outputs.
- Provide specialist input through the investigation of opportunities for operational and process product and risk optimisation.
- Plan and organise own work tasks within area of work.
- Identify and resolve queries and problems timeously, apply discretion in line with process guidelines provided.
- Lead, plan and conduct full scope (integrated) audits to ensure compliance and report on findings and recommendations.
- Plan for value-added process improvements, initiatives and services to deliver on operational strategy and objectives.
- Plan and conduct multiple tax audits on a risk profile basis to ensure compliance to the relevant acts.
- Be observant and engage on possible violations of procedures and standards of conduct and escalate where necessary.
- Attention to Detail
- Problem Solving and Analysis
- Organisational Awareness
- Commitment to Continuous Learning
- Conceptual Ability
- Analytical Thinking
- Honesty and Integrity
Qualification & Experience:
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree / Advanced Diploma in Audit, Taxation (NQF 7) AND 5-7 years’ experience in an Audit/ Forensic Investigations environment, of which 2-3years ideally at functional specialist level
- Senior Certificate (NQF 4) AND 10 years related experience in an Audit/ Forensic Investigations environment
Company: South African Revenue Service – SARS
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A