Website South African Revenue Service - SARS
To conduct complex criminal investigations into tax and customs offences.
- Execute specialist input through investigation &opportunities within the product process including risk concern.
- Provide assistance to other law enforcement agencies as and when required, within themandate of the Acts administered by SARS
- Prepare accurate links and or association diagrams to explain the relationships between individuals, activities, premises etc. to investigators
- Evaluate, collate and analyse information received from various sources to support internal stakeholders with timely and accurate intelligence
- Determine offences and recommend appropriate punitive actions according to the relevant legislation.
- Liaise with Law Enforcement agencies in relation to specific investigations and with third parties regarding information/evidence
- Hand over a completed case docket with evidence to the SAPS to enable registration and processing of the case.
- Appears as a specialist witness in court and attend to court proceedings as and when required
- Plan and implement action necessary to conduct full scope investigations without supervision
- Work independently on all cases and supervise others
- Correctly apply policies, practices, standards, procedures and legislation in the delivery of work outputs
- Provide specialist input through the investigation of opportunities for operational and process product and risk optimisation.
Qualification & Experience:
- Relevant National Diploma / Advanced Certificate (NQF 6) [Accounting/Tax/ Law) AND 5-7 years’ experience in a similar environment [Investigations/Auditing/ Forensic Investigation], of which 2-3 years ideally at functional specialist level.
- Senior Certificate (NQF 4) AND 10 years related experience in a similar environment [Investigations/Auditing/ Forensic Investigation]
Company: South African Revenue Service – SARS
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bloemfontein, Free State, SA
Application Deadline: N/A