Website South African Revenue Service - SARS
To manage and improve a significant portion of the existing integrated bespoke SARS applications throughout their lifecycle by performing complex integrated technical support, takes new requirements through the systems development life cycle, and work with application development to design new services to release into the production environment. Assist with the testing, operating and improving of IT services, as well as plays an important role in developing the required skills for operating the organisation’s bespoke solutions.
- Proactively identify interconnected problems, determine its impact and use to develop best-fit alternatives; best practice implementation solutions.
- To manage and improve a significant portion of the existing integrated SARS applications throughout their lifecycle by performing complex integrated technical support, helps in testing, operating and improving IT services, as well as plays an important role in developing the required skills for operating the organization1s bespoke solutions.
- Translate top down policy in relation to own practice area and communicate impact to relevant stakeholders.
- Recommend changes to optimize processes, systems, practice area and associated procedures and execute the implementation of change and innovation.
- Plan for value-added, continuous practice & system improvements to deliver on objectives to enhance tactical implementation and excellence.
- To take new business requirements through the systems development life cycle namely, define requirements, design solution, code, testing, perform Integration, performance & load testing and release the newly built solution into the production environment.
- Cobit Certification
- Broad understanding of all facets of Information Technology including SDLC.
- Demonstrate Systems Development and Support experience in a corporate environment
- Understanding of diverse set of technologies (including SQL Server, DB2, C#, Java, Connect Direct, Microsoft OS, Scanning Applications, and the integration through MQ middleware).
- Demonstrate Business/Systems analysis experience in a corporate environment
Qualification & Experience:
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree / Advanced Diploma (NQF 7) AND 8-10 years’ experience in a similar environment, of which 3-4 years ideally at operational specialist level.
- Senior Certificate (NQF 4) AND 15 years related experience.
- Senior Certificate (NQF 4) AND Relevant IT Qualification (s) / Certification (s), and 8-10 years’ experience in a similar environment AND additional requirements specified in Min Functional requirements, where applicable.
Company: South African Revenue Service – SARS
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A