Sappi Ngodwana Mill requires a Winder Operator to safely and efficiently operate the winder by assisting the winderman with duties, to ensure optimum production output and quality at the best cost with minimum downtime, rejections and waste.
- Assist in feeding the paper through the winder
- Remove all side runs via OTIS lift to the basement
- Assist the winderman in preparing the section for start-up and shut down
- Eject the empty spool at the backstand and load new Jumbo into the backstand
- Assists in unplanned/planned maintenance shut tasks as per instruction from the shift superintendent.
- Ensure sufficient amounts of cores in correct sizes are available at the winder during the shift
- Assists Winderman by covering for Production Tracking System (PTS) and performing all necessary quality inspections.
- Identify and take corrective action in terms of SHEQ conditions and hazards
- Assist in operating the Overhead crane to load reels onto the unwind stand
- Push paper webs onto conveyor system in front of the winder
- Assist in setting up slitter knives, check for blunt or damaged slitter knives and check drive drums and motors
Qualification & Experience:
- Minimum 1 years’ experience working on a Paper Machine manufacturing process
- Grade 12 ( Maths and Science) or N3 Pulp and Paper
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Ngodwana, Mpumalanga, SA
Application Deadline: N/A