Sappi Southern Africa requires a Senior Procurement Manager to lead and drive strategic sourcing projects to leverage cost competitiveness and secure a stable and sustainable supply base for the business as well as be responsible for the development and rollout of category strategies for critical, high-value goods & services for the Operating Units
- Achieve stretch cost reduction/containment and value improvement targets to support the business plan, and to ensure effective and standard systems for managing the tendering, negotiation, contracting and Contractor performance activities.
- Ensure strategic and centre-led commodities for the area of responsibility are procured at optimal cost, time, quality and quantity.
- Develop & implement category strategies, ensuring supply security while reducing Total Cost of Ownership (TCO).
- Conclude and approve major framework agreements and contracts.
- Set and review supplier performance against agreed KPIs.
- Identify and drive continuous improvement initiatives.
- Consider and enforce B-BBEE, local procurement, code of ethics and other relevant transformation-related legislation in procurement decisions.
- Conduct global supply market analysis in order to identify potential supply sources. (N/A)
- Submit value-add reports and/or dashboards for their own category to various internal stakeholders for collation and distribution.
- Manage internal customer relations, drive remedial action and provide feedback where service levels fall short of SLAs.
- Identify sustainable supplier development opportunities and assist the Transformation Manager with supplier development efforts.
- Support the Transformation strategy by engendering value-added supplier diversity.
- Ensure compliance with procurement policies and contracts.
- Establishing category cost/price benchmarking frameworks involving detailed spend analysis, industry/supplier price deconstruction modelling and a deep understanding of relevant category supply chain and product cost drivers.
- Optimizing/leveraging service sourcing synergies to achieve specific, sustainable cost reduction, containment and value improvement targets on an annual basis.
- Leading and supporting Procurement teams in the development and rollout of strategic source plans for key categories of operational spending in order to secure a low-cost supply base that supports the company’s operations with an uninterrupted supply of cost-effective forestry-related service inputs.
- Supporting Procurement teams in negotiating and concluding competitive commercial/legal agreements to drive sustainable performance.
- Achieving optimum commercial outcomes in the context of competing for political and socio-economic imperatives (local procurement, enterprise development, low-cost country sourcing).
- Leading and coordinating efforts of Procurement/Strategic Sourcing and Operational Teams in ensuring innovation and compliance with respect to minimum safety standards, quality and product specifications.
- Effectively managing stakeholder relationships involving strategic suppliers and internal parties.
- Identifying and progressing continuous improvement and innovative approaches to sourcing and contracting, maintaining focus on cost and value whilst disseminating best practices.
Qualification & Experience:
- Minimum 3-year relevant B degree or equivalent (Financial, Procurement, Supply Chain or Marketing).
- Postgraduate business/forestry qualification will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 5 – 8 years of experience within a similar environment.
- Strong Leadership, Negotiation, Project Management & Supplier Management skills are required.
- The incumbent will be required to travel and work flexible hours with the possibility of shifts as and when required.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Ngodwana, Mpumalanga , SA
Application Deadline: N/A