Sappi Tugela Mill based in Mandeni, KZN, requires an Engineer: Auto & Services to provide a professional systems/Instrumentation Engineering Support Service by managing and designing plant modifications and projects in accordance with Mill Procedures and Specifications.
- Provides technical support to and analyses breakdowns for Maintenance Engineers. Area of expertise to cover Instrumentation and distributed control systems.
- Manages varied multi-disciplinary plant modifications/project work from concept to commissioning and closeout. Make use of some internal but mostly external (contractor) resources; draws up Enquiry / Specification documents as required.
- Ensures that all modifications/projects conform fully to Mill Change Management Procedures, Mill Standard Specifications, Mill Safety Standards and the OHS Act.
- Identifies and addresses plant maintenance problems through meetings, inspections and feedback mechanisms in order to ensure excellence in engineering services provided.
- Oversees and ensures the provision, maintenance and integrity of plant drawings, technical documentation, process control software and equipment specifications by the institution and enforcement of effective control procedures.
- Design control system modifications for both process and maintenance improvement applications and advice on equipment selection.
- B Tech Diploma (Control Systems or equivalent).
- At least 3 years supervisor experience.
- Computer Literate (MS Office MS 3.1, 2000, XP, Win7, SVR2k3, SVR2008 McAfee ePO, Fortigate FG, Fortigate FAZ, DHCP, DNS, Active Directory, Group Policy, Visual
- Basic 6, Visual Studio 2010, Networking, PI SMT, PI Server, PI ICU, OPC, NTP, HTML, SMTP, WIFI, Acronis imaging, Telnet, FTP) & SAP PM.
- 5 years industrial process control plus 3 years distributed process control in pulp and paper.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Mandeni, KwaZulu-Natal, SA
Application Deadline: N/A