Sappi Tugela Millbased in Mandeni, KZN, requires a Management Accountant to ensure that accurate and timeous financial information is made available to senior management and ensure that accurate product costing is done. This role reports to the Finance Manager.
- Coordinate the compilation of the monthly balance sheet, fixed asset, income statement, cash flow and current asset reports.
- Analyse financial statements and obtain explanations for variances from budget owners to include in reports.
- Supervise month-end processes and review results to ensure accuracy of month-end reporting.
- Monitor inter-company transactions and arrange for corrections to be made when errors are identified. Ensure that all cash transfers are duly authorised.
- Maintain the costing bill of materials and ensure that accurate product costing is done.
- Assist with verifying payback (internal rate of return) calculations on CAPEX projects.
- Manage and report on profit improvement plans.
- Authorise the payment of ad hoc invoices to suppliers and services, ensuring that the authority limits are being applied.
- Reconcile all accounts in the general ledger on a monthly basis and action all enquiries timeously.
- Act as custodian of the Hyperion database for the unit.
- Ensure that the business unit complies with regulations related to the Companies Act, Income Tax Act, VAT Act, Customs and Excise and other regulations.
- Liaise with auditors during annual and interim external or internal or tax audits.
Qualification & Experience:
- National Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance or related field
- Relevant certification exams completed (such as CIMA) will be advantageous
- A minimum of 5 years experience in a financial or costing position within a manufacturing environment
- SAP experience
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location:Mandini, KwaZulu-Natal
Application Deadline: N/A